Claims and payments:
- Advanced purchases (NB this needs some time, so plan well ahead):
- Conference fees can usually be paid by cheque or bank transfer on receipt of an invoice. If you can get the assistance of your group administrator for booking the conference, they can liaise with your departmental NanoDTC grant administrator
- Travel and accommodation can be organised through a purchase order if the supplier is on the University accounting system. Key Travel is currently the recommended booking agent and is on the University system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get more info.
- If you have a groups administrator who can help you with the expense claims, that will make things easier for everyone. Please complete the appropriate expense claim form for your department (and attach all relevant receipts) and liaise with your departmental NanoDTC grant administrator (Howard Jones for Chemistry, Elena Ratcliffe for Engineering, Rebecca Stamford for Materials and Emma Clark for Physics) to get the reimbursement from the NanoDTC grant.
- In some departments you may also be able to get advanced reimbursements before your trip. Check with your departmental grant administrator
[Note you will need to use a claim form approved locally by your department (e.g.: Chemistry, Engineering, Materials and Physics all use a different form; if you are from any other department please claim from Physics)]
After you returned from your trip you should submit a report to the NanoDTC (in either PPT presentation or a written summary form, you may also be asked to give a talk, depending on what we agreed). NB: you may not be able to get our approval for the next trip if the report from the previous one was not submitted.