The NanoDTC is based across several Departments including Materials, Chemistry, Physics, and Engineering. Applicants should apply via the Applicant Portal. Please fill out the application as normal but note the following:
– Course is: Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
– Programme of study is: EPSRC CDT MRes + PhD in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
– Department is: Physics (who handle all admissions for the NanoDTC across all Departments)
– Final Award is: MRes + PhD; Duration is: 4; Study Mode: Full time
– Start Date: Michaelmas Term 2023
–‘Reasons for applying’ and ‘Personal Statement’– We are aware that some of the questions overlap. This is because we have a very diverse intake, and we are keen to capture relevant experience, education, and research that is not covered in standard questions or other parts (such as the CV, transcript, and references)
– Reference Request – We advise that at least one of your referees should be connected to your most recent degree course. If you have completed any nano-related research projects at your university or elsewhere, you can nominate your project supervisor as your referee as well. Please make sure your referees upload their reference letters by the required deadline (1st Dec for the first round). Please provide sufficient notice for them to upload their references.
If you need to update your referee details or send them a reminder, you can do so via the Applicant Portal. You can submit your application before your referees have provided your references, but your application will not be assessed until these have been received.
– College Membership – You are able to express a college preference here, though it is not necessary (you can submit an ‘open application’). Your chosen college(s) may or may not be able to offer you a place, but all students with offers from the University will receive a college place, so it is not something to worry about.
- Cambridge scholarships – Do you wish to be considered for funding, including merit based scholarships? Please
state yes – by doing so you will be considered for University funding; this includes funding from Cambridge Trust, their partners and the
colleges. All applicants will be automatically considered for NanoDTC funding if they are eligible.
- AHRC funding – please tick no as this is not relevant to this course
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship? All non-UK citizens are also strongly encouraged to complete the Gates Scholarship application. The Gates (non-US) deadline is different to the Gates (US) deadline, so please make a note of the deadline that applies to you.
- Instead of describing proposed research, try to give as much information as possible to show why you have applied to Cambridge and what you are looking to achieve here.